Click Here to Fill Out an Application
(You will be redirected to our Grovtec Machining website)
We are always seeking top talent.
If you do not see your desired position available at the moment,
please apply and give us a call at 503.557.4689.
Current Open Positions:
CNC Set Up OperatorOVERALL JOB PURPOSE:
Responsible for the setup and production in the milling department. Operates and Vertical and Horizontal machines.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Loads, fixturing, tooling and starts-up machines.
2. Operates one or more machines to produce parts as directed.
3. Ability to work from layout sheets to setup jobs.
4. Ability to setup machines according to production strategy.
5. Ability to trouble shoots program issues and fixture issues
6. Reads blueprints, drawings, and job orders for information such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of work pieces. Must be proficient measuring tolerances + .001 of an inch
7. Have the ability to make offset and program changes to keep dimensions within specified tolerances. Must read and edit G-code and M-code
8. Works effectively with low amount of supervision, self-starter.
9. Performs work in accordance with AS9100 and ISO9001 quality standards for this position.
10. Understands company Operational Excellence directive and is responsible for quality and continuous improvement within the job scope.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High school diploma or equivalent. Manufacturing Technology courses a plus.
2. 2 years' minimum experience with CNC Mills (Haas) including setting up, tooling and fixtures
3. Experience with measuring tools, such as calipers and micrometers.
4. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings using GDT.
5. Ability to work interdependently in a team environment.
6. Good interpersonal and English skills are required in interacting with team members.
7. Ability to produce quality product without sacrificing defined throughput (quantities per hour) expectations. This job description should not be construed to imply that the above requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. The position will allow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties as may be required.